Thursday 29 December 2011

Xmas gifts given and received

I feel a truly lucky Scubamonkey this Christmas and a crafty / home baked theme seems to have occurred in presents I have received.  I have a book on making your own macaroons, the second Great British Bake-off book (with the recipe for Mary Berry's Tarte au Citron....yum yum yum), a muffin recipe book, a sock knitter on the road pattern book and a book on what else to do with a skein of sock yarn, other than.......... socks!  Just browsing through them all should keep me occupied for a while.  But then what to try first???

I also got an amazing cake-stand to put said goodies on, some lovely hand-dyed yarn from the very talented DyeSpinKnitUK and a gorgeous Art Deco tea-cup and saucer set from my lovely Mum.

 
On the gifts given, here are some links to the brilliant Ravelry patterns, where I get lots of inspirations and ideas.  For my Sis I made a Whipple Shawl, designed by the very talented Pmcblonde. 

My Mum got some Dragonfly socks in yarn by DyeSpinKnitUK .


And my running buddy and chief baking tester and critic, Anita, some Simple Stripy socks to match her funky cushions at home.

Good job I've got lots of new inspiration for next years presents!  I'm going to join in a year-long Knit along with one of the Ravelry groups this year, which will be supporting British sock pattern designers and yarn dyers.  So I wonder what some people will be getting next Xmas?????  Best get knitting.

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment