Monday 5 January 2015

A little sprinkling of Christmas Sparkle - Cowslip Workshops Xmas Bonanza

Well Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without a jaunt down to Cornwall for Cowslip Workshop's annual Christmas Bonanza, now would it.  This year I stayed again with the lovely Lisa at Goodmansleigh Farm and rented White Park for a week.  This way I could have family to stay, sew to my hearts content and also explore the local area a bit more.  I don't know how I did it, but the weather was great and showed off the delights of Bude Beach, Tintagel and Boscastle at their best.



Not a bad view from the kitchen!

However, I digress, back to the sewing.  A couple of years ago, I started my Reindeer Quilt at Cowslip.  I finally finished it towards the end of 2014. 


 

At the Christmas Bonanza, I wanted to make a cushion which would complement it, yet also have a go at the Free Machine Quilting technique, of which owner Jo, is a great teacher.  This was my final offering, which I am really chuffed with.




I also made this cute Christmas Robin, mounted on a log, with sewn holly leaves, fresh moss and twigs.



I can,t bare to put my Stuffed Star Christmas Tree away for Christmas, which is now adorned with little silver bells and so it sits proudly in my office/sewing room.




I got asked to make some stuffed Christmas Bells for a couple of my gardening clients and got a bit carried away.  Five later - they looked great bagged up in a simple cookie bag and ribbon.  The Christmas napkins were gifts for family, with the embroidery templates copied by eye from the lovely 'Stitch it for Christmas' Book by Lynette Anderson.




Last year saw a bit of a crafty lull for me, so my New Years resolution?  More knitting, sewing and baking.  Bring it on!

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment