Wednesday 18 July 2012

Debbie Bliss Baby Shrug

As my Knitting Mojo is returning, along with a willing body, I am able to start creating some of the little outfits for my Niece Ellie that I had previously planned.  That is, hopefully, before she is so grown up and my yarn stash for each chosen item is insufficient in yardage.  When I went to visit them in Germany back in January I bought some lovely Lana Grossa Cinque Aran weight yarn.  Typically we chose the only colour-way that had only two balls left, so my choice of pattern was somewhat limited.  On the Ravelry UKarma Group I was lucky enough to nab a copy of Debbie Bliss Simply Baby, in which is a pattern for a super cute Baby Shrug

This is my progress so far.  I'm making the 12 - 18 month size (Ellie is only 7 months!) so I figure she should get a lot of usage out of it!  If I run out of yarn, I'll just have to do the ribbing edge in a suitable colour match, but we'll save that thought til later.....



So far its a really easy pattern and all knit in one piece.  My project bag (made by andsewtoknit) is rather complementary me thinks!  Then again most of the yarn I have is purple, so it should go with most of it :)


Once I've finished the little shrug I plan to pick back up on my Pippie Ripple Socks, that have lain idle for a while.  I just love the name........

For other Work-in-Progress Wednesday blog posts, please go along to WIPW to see what everyone else is up to! 




Apologies to Non-Ravelry members.  Some of the links won't work for you :(

1 comment: