Wednesday 2 January 2013

2013 Crafting & Baking New Years Resolutions

At the moment I'm involved in a Lunar themed KAL (Knit-a-long) over on Ravelry with the UK Sock Knitters Group.  (Sounds like a therapy group!!)  Different cultures have associated different names to the full moons of each month. For each moon cycle 3 associated names have been chosen. Our challenge is to find a sock pattern or yarn that in my mind links back to one of the 3 words for that cycle.

28-Dec-12 Cold Winter Birch
27-Jan-13 Wolf Ice Rowan
25-Feb-13 Storm Candles Ash
27-Mar-13 Worm Hare Sugar
25-Apr-13 Pink Seed Fish
25-May-13 Flower Dragon Milk
23-Jun-13 Mead Rose Strawberry
22-Jul-13 Thunder Herb Hay
21-Aug-13 Barley Red Blue
19-Sep-13 Harvest Fruit Chrysanthemum
18-Oct-13 Hunter Blood Blackberry
17-Nov-13 Beaver Snow Tree
17-Dec-13 Oak Frost Bitter

For this month I've chosen Birch and am using leftover yarn from the socks which feature on my Blog header.  I'm half-way through so far, so they're coming along well.




So what is my New Years Resolution I hear you ask.  Well, on the crafting front its pattern and yarn stash-busting.  I hope to complete the above KAL using either and / or patterns and yarn I already own.  I say this is the plan........ I am a sucker for squishy sock yarn!

So for Birch its stash-busting leftover yarn from these lovely socks (with some other leftovers for the contrast toe) .......



On the baking front, I'm aiming to use / try out all the new goodies I got for Xmas and not just putting them in the cupboard and using the old-faithfuls.  Watch out for interesting shaped cakes on the horizon.  Though perhaps first I might work off a bit of Xmas belly!

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Thanks for the lovely Spring-like photo ... I like to take pictures of my knits in the garden, too, but in the winter it's just too depressing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. That photo always makes me smile as I love tulips. Good luck with your destash attempts in 2013 :-)

      Delete
  2. Happy new year! Your socks look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am very fond of this yarn as it was my first attempt at dyeing yarn! To a knitty 2013 :-)

      Delete