Saturday 26 January 2013

Olivianne Dress for Ellie

It has to be said, my Niece Ellie is very knit worthy.  Other than my love of sock knitting, she seems to take up much of my knitting time and is a great stash-buster!

I came across a lovely little knitted dress pattern on Ravelry a while back called Olivianne and have been meaning to make it for a while.  Whilst visiting my Sister in Germany we chose some lovely Lana Grossa Meilenweit Doppio sock yarn in gorgeous purple shades.  The pattern asks you to knit it holding 2 strands of the 4ply at a time, so you could easily replace it with a double knit thickness yarn if necessary.




The pattern makes a lovely honeycomb texture and using 2 different balls of yarn, you could create some great effect's.  I chose to use 2 balls of the same yarn, but still got a nice rippled effect.

Its a simple pattern to follow and knits up really quickly.  I made the 24 month size and I think my knitting must be a bit tight as it came up a bit short.  Not a problem as apparently it fits already!




I hope to get a picture of her in it soon, if she keeps still long enough :-)

Now its on to making a new 'going out' hat for me.  More on that next week!

Happy knitting!


For more FO Friday posts pop over to Tami Ami's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment